Thursday, February 24, 2011

How do I know if I have a cold or flu?

Flu has definitely arrived.. thankfully I have only seen a handful of cases but they have all been in the last 2 weeks.

How do I know if I have a cold or flu?

Flu starts suddenly. You were fine and now BOOM you're sick and you feel awful.
Colds start gradually. 3 days you had a scratchy throat, then you had a stuffy nose now today you have a little cough.

Flu has a high fever. Can be 102 or higher.
Cold may have a fever but not usually as high. More like 100.

Flu has a dry cough that can be persistent.
Cold usually has a moist cough that is usually worse at night because of postnasal drip.

Flu has body aches that can be reallly severe.
Cold doesn't usually have body aches.

Flu can last 10 days.
Cold usually lasts 5-7 days.

Hope this helps differentiate things for you. It's not too late to get your flu shot..
Share |
Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment