Tuesday, November 16, 2010

San Francisco bans happy meal toys in high fat meals

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/11/03/2010-11-03_san_francisco_enacts_happy_meal_ban_city_decides_to_prohibit_toys_to_come_with_f.html

I think this is a great idea. Make the kid choose between the toy and the french fries. I bet some kids will choose the toy. (I know mine will)

Today I saw a man give his 4 year old a 10 piece chicken nuggets, medium fries and a coke for lunch. His 2 year old had the same thing except he had the happy meal size. He had gotten a juice box but never gave it to the kid. The 2 year old had a coke. The kids ate a few bites then went off to play. The father told his kids to sit down and eat their french fries. He had smart kids if you ask me.

I think the problem is that people don't take responsibility for what goes into their mouths and what goes into their kid's mouth. There is NO WAY that a 4 year old kid needs more than a whole day's worth of calories in one sitting.. he probably thought he needed more than the 4 that come in the happy meal because he was the older brother..

Withholding toys is a dirty approach and I'm sure there are ways around it but I think lawmakers are grasping at straws. If we all stop eating so much then the restaurants will stop selling the junk.. but this takes personal responsibility.

Although
Share |
Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment